Presence

"You give me presents with your presence alone." Jack Johnson


This year, I've mentally tried to steer clear of the thought of presents at Christmas. To me, Christmas shouldn't be about giving or getting that awesome new iPad or the overly expensive shoes you would never buy for yourself. It should be about giving your time to a stranger or donating your money you were going to spend on Starbucks to someone who really needs it. Don't get me wrong, I love presents (especially shoes), but to materialize Christmas as our society has done over the years.. including my guilty self ..I believe is wrong. Here are some kick ass places to donate your time or your money to this holiday season. 

Blood Water Mission: I have a huge heart for this organization. Over the years I have followed their mission, raised money for their awareness and was fortunate enough to work with them on a project during my last job. 



Blue Dolphin Restaurant: Over the past few years my family and I have helped volunteer our time on Christmas with the Blue Dolphin. They provide free meals for those who cannot afford their own. My favorite part of this was driving around town with my dad and my grandpa delivering food to a stranger's doorstep and seeing the look of gratitude on their face and in their words. They are looking for volunteers! Located in Kalamazoo, MI. 


No comments:

Post a Comment